Jump to content

Squarespace's Weglot Languages section shows incorrect languages after miss-click

Go to solution Solved by Flomaxker,

Recommended Posts

Problem Description:

Dear community, I encountered something strange, which might be a bug. I set up Weglot integration and accidentally clicked "Breton" instead of "Brazilian Portuguese" as a desired language during the set-up process

I then signed up for a Weglot subscription and set up everything there the way I want it. However, Squarespace now doesn't display the same languages as in the Weglot dashboard.

I can't change them in Squarespace and my language selection is displaying incorrect languages as a result.

Reproduction steps:

  • Under "Settings > Language & Region > Site languages > Languages", set up Weglot integration.
  • Select the project and desired languages.
    • Note: not on Weglot itself, but in the confirmation pop-up when setting up integration.
  • Choose languages that differ from the Languages chosen in Weglot's own dashboard.
  • Go back to the "Languages" section in "Site Languages".
  • Notice that these differ from what Weglot has set up.
  • Observe that they are not able to be altered on Squarespace (see attached screenshot).
    • Clicking "Edit Translations" brings the user to the Weglot dashboard.
    • No matter how the settings there are changed, Squarespace does not reflect the changes.
  • As a result, notice that the languages drop-down in the menu is likewise showing incorrect languages.

Request:

Please advise on how to fix this issue.

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-22 om 22.25.01.png

Link to comment
  • Replies 3
  • Views 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As this is a technical issue, please contact Squarespace Customer Care directly. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain

Link to comment
  • Solution

I have since contacted Weglot support found the following, for anyone wondering.

The issue turned out to be the following:

  • I removed the project in Weglot and removed the Squarespace extension.
  • After adding them back in, I was able to re-select the correct language in the popup menu.
  • It looks like the language Brazilian Portuguese in Weglot (pt-br) is simply displayed as Breton in Squarespace.
  • It looks like this is an issue on Squarespace's end.

The issue looks the same as on the earlier screenshots I posted.

When selecting pt-br as a language on Squarespace, the text is indeed not Brazilian Portuguese, but simply looks like English.

As a workaround, I have changed Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br) to Portuguese (pt) for now.

I have requested Weglot support forward the issue to Squarespace devs.

Kind regards,
Florian

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.