Way to add static text & dynamic text on auto playing image slideshow

Hello, 

I'm currently on the free trial and using a demo site to determine whether my org is still able to use Squarespace. I've been trying to recreate this design and got the multi-row header with code (still need to figure out search bar styling/responsiveness), but am unsure about the hero images. 

I haven't been able to find a way to have an image slideshow playing with both static text and dynamic text (similar to captions) that are connected to individual images. 

Since the file was too large, I added a demo below. I know I may not be able to get everything exactly like the mockup, but the basic functioning components would be good enough. I'm not sure if this is possible, so thank you for any help - I greatly appreciate it!

Demo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DKl3IMqEbvkNFxdLsVw6uBqi24hExxWx/view?usp=share_link

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Mpc24 said:

Hello, 

I'm currently on the free trial and using a demo site to determine whether my org is still able to use Squarespace. I've been trying to recreate this design and got the multi-row header with code (still need to figure out search bar styling/responsiveness), but am unsure about the hero images. 

I haven't been able to find a way to have an image slideshow playing with both static text and dynamic text (similar to captions) that are connected to individual images. 

Since the file was too large, I added a demo below. I know I may not be able to get everything exactly like the mockup, but the basic functioning components would be good enough. I'm not sure if this is possible, so thank you for any help - I greatly appreciate it!

Demo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DKl3IMqEbvkNFxdLsVw6uBqi24hExxWx/view?usp=share_link

As I can see on your sample, the dynamic text is the same for all images, isn't it?

So we just need to change the slideshow gallery,right? By the way, what is your current plan?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

7 hours ago, Beyondspace said:

As I can see on your sample, the dynamic text is the same for all images, isn't it?

So we just need to change the slideshow gallery,right? By the way, what is your current plan?

@Beyondspace Hi there, thank you for responding!

So the main heading, subheading, and CTA button are the same on all images. The short quote right below changes on each image, as those are words from the actual artist. I'm having trouble finding a way to have a general text overlay which is static and then changing text (quotes) on each image. I'm currently using the free trial plan to demo and see if we can make it work, but the org has a Basic plan with e-commerce store.