Looking to summarize a portfolio using a carousel and allow a click though to the specific project pages.

I have four main portfolios: Experiential Graphic Design (EGD); Brand and Visual Identity (Brand); Strategic and Interpretive Planning (Planning), and Websites and Social Media (Online). I would like a single page (Projects) made up of four rows, each displaying a summary of all projects within the portfolio, displayed carousel format (the ability to scan left and right through all projects). I would like the user to be able to click through to a specific project. I cant find a way to display all four portfolios on a project page, and allow users to select a project and go to the project page.

I prefer the control within a portfolio page over using a blog or store (but I might be convinced otherwise.)  The bottom of each portfolio page allows uses to see the next project within the same portfolio (within EGD for example). On each project page, I have inserted a block at the top thats gives access to the the four portfolios (for example, Brand and Visual Identity | Experiential Graphic Design | Strategic and Interpretive Planning | Web and Social Media), allowing visitors to go from one collection to the next or back to the projects page. The first block of a portfolio summary pages also allows me to title the portfolio, and provide links to other portfolios.

Is there a way to summarize portfolios in 7.1, through injected code or otherwise? Is there a way to reduce duplication, for example a gallery that links to a project page (can a gallery even link to a specific project within a portfolio?) Normally, I would have used categories and tags as a means to organize (the four different portfolios, for example), but I can't find that functionality in portfolios.

Thanks,

/John

screencapture-dandelion-mandarin-l544-squarespace-home-2023-02-21-11_55_22.jpg

screencapture-dandelion-mandarin-l544-squarespace-brand-portfolio-ski-wentworth-2023-02-21-11_52_50.jpg

screencapture-dandelion-mandarin-l544-squarespace-new-page-1-2023-02-21-12_03_09.jpg

screencapture-dandelion-mandarin-l544-squarespace-config-pages-62b7807031852e3caeb2bbf4-2023-02-21-12_08_06.jpg

Edited by johnadewolf
  • johnadewolf changed the title to Looking to summarize a portfolio using a carousel and allow a click though to the specific project pages.
  • Replies 2
  • Views 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic