Customising the new Order Status Page

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi, Does anyone know how to add any customisation to the new Order Status page?

Specifically....

I would like to be able to change the Colour & Fonts

Also I have some custom text on my old Order Confirmation page, using this code:

} #confirmed-page {
  p:nth-of-type(2):after {
    content: "If you don't receive your order confirmation via email in the next hour, please check your junk or spam folder, and be sure to add us to your email safe list.";
    display: block;
    margin-top: 20px;
    font-weight: bold;
  }
}

Thank you

Can you share your URL so I can take a look?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• Solution
On 2/21/2023 at 1:12 PM, Sophiejacksonstudios said:

Does anyone know how to add any customisation to the new Order Status page?

Yes. You can do this by adding CSS within style tags. Please take a look at my guide Customising the Squarespace order confirmation page.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

17 minutes ago, Sophiejacksonstudios said:

I still haven't been able to apply code to enable the brand fonts or change any colours. 

You should be able to change the colours fairly easily. If you provide a screenshot of an Order Status page, annotated with the changes you'd like to make, we should be able to provide you with some example CSS.

If you are using custom fonts on your site, please remember that the CSS you added to Design > Custom CSS won't load on the Order Status page unless you repeat it in the Order Status page, Code Injection panel. For example, you'll need to add your @font-face statements and so on.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks @paul2009 this is great!

I am wondering if the following is possible. I would like to include our social media icons on the new Order Status Page if possible?

I used to have a redirect from the order confirmation page to a thank you page which said "follow our social media channels to be in with a chance of receiving a full refund on your recent purchase"

I'm presuming I could still have the redirect, however I like the new order status page so would just like to include the info here if possible?

Hoping you can help 

1 hour ago, Carrzer said:

I used to have a redirect from the order confirmation page to a thank you page. I'm presuming I could still have the redirect, however I like the new order status page so would just like to include the info here if possible?

You can still choose to redirect to a thank you page by adding your original code to the new Code Injection panel for the Order Status page instead of the original Order Confirmation page.

If you'd prefer to add your social icons and messaging to the Order Status page you'll need some custom JavaScript to be written. This will need to be inserted between the 'first page view' tags so that it only appears post-checkout.

51 minutes ago, Carrzer said:

I'm presuming I could input the new code between the 'first page view' tags in the code you supplied

Correct.

Thanks @paul2009 👍

With a bit of googling I figured out this (attached). The only way I could do it was to continue it in the same string as I had no idea what elements were being referenced in the code below (gobbledygook lol).

I'm happy enough with this for now. However, if I was to try do it so it didn't disappear after first view what would I have to get my head around.. At the moment everything appears very bottom left of the page outside of your code etc...

Anyway this is an achievement for me 👍

Many thanks

order staus social icons~2.jpg

• 4 months later...

@paul2009

Hey Paul! Your guide is super helpful. I'm in need of a minor change (just a few words) and I cannot figure out the code. 

I've attached a screenshot for reference. I need to change "Tracking updates" to "Delivery Details" and I need to change "Your order is confirmed. You'll receive an email when shipping information is available." to "You'll receive an email from us soon to discuss a delivery date/time."

Is this possible with a code? I'd be happy to send you $50 (my budget is low just launched today)!

Thank you thank you thank you.

Order Status Page.JPG

5 hours ago, CinnaStreet said:

I need to change "Tracking updates" to "Delivery Details" and I need to change "Your order is confirmed. You'll receive an email when shipping information is available." to "You'll receive an email from us soon to discuss a delivery date/time."

Is this possible with a code?

The code doesn't do this today but I'll take a look to see if this can be added.

• 2 weeks later...

This is really good and useful info. Thanks for raising the question and the helpful responses!

Out of curiosity, what's the risk here? Let's say I add some of this custom code, then Squarespace goes and updates the confirmation page to add this stuff standard, will anything break? Will the information just sort of be duplicated? Or is it hard to tell what the impact would be since we don't know how Squarespace would implement these things?

Is there a good and simple way to stay ahead of this kind of stuff happening in a systematic or programmatic way such that if a change is made, either I can limit the amount of time that a "broken" confirmation page is displayed, or even automatically hide/remove the custom changes until I have a chance to review their impact with the platform's changes (to prevent customers seeing something broken)?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Help please (humbly since my 1st post here).
My site is relatively new but pretty successful in selling memberships (so electronic product/member areas).
I am struggling with some CHURN (people canceling).

I need a thank you for signing up page that is detailed. I looked through the solutions here and they all look like bandaids on a need:  why not have the ability to customize a thank you landing page that we can build like all the other pages.
my thank you needs to include:
instructions on what to do to be successful with the  program

currently i can't do it through a thank you page.

nor can i send an automatic email (exists on product sales but not service).

so i feel like SS is leaving out the service sales community out.

any help?  i saw someone 'inject code' to reroute the landing page with a blankpop up... i'm not afraid of code but this is silly.  SS working on something like this?
nic

Hi, @paul2009

I just used your guide to change my Order Status page, thank you!

I managed to add a text but I'm struggling to add a link after customerEmailAddress. 

let sfStatusPageHeading = "Order confirmed";

let sfStatusPageText = "Your order has been confirmed. A confirmation email has been sent to you at <b>{customerEmailAddress}</b>. Request your invoice here:";

Can you help me?

Thanks!

32 minutes ago, Begona said:

I just used your guide to change my Order Status page, thank you!

I managed to add a text but I'm struggling to add a link

You're welcome. You should be able to add a link by pasting the HTML of a link into the string. You'll find examples in this W3Schools page.

For example, instead of the text "here" you might use this:

<a href="/page-name">here</a>

Does that help?

Edited by paul2009

• 4 months later...

Is there a way to add more order status options? In other words, rather than just tagging orders as Pending or Fulfilled, is there a way to specify other variables? Looking to add options such as: Under ReviewSent to <Department>, etc.

Thanks for any insight in advance!

11 minutes ago, whittecher said:

Is there a way to add more order status options? In other words, rather than just tagging orders as Pending or Fulfilled, is there a way to specify other variables? Looking to add options such as: Under Review, Sent to <Department>, etc.

No. It will be Pending Fulfillment, Fulfilled or Cancelled (or the foreign language equivalents). You could write code to rename these three labels, but you cannot add further labels/stages in the order workflow.