Default Squarespace Domain shows up in Searches

When searched by keywords, my website shows up with the default Squarespace domain. FYI, the domain was purchased from Squarespace, not transferred from outside. How do I switch so that "mydomain.com" shows up instead? None of the info I've found has been helpful.

• Replies 1
  • Views 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to guess your site was available publicly via the SS built-in domain and was indexed via that domain.

Alternately if you''ve referenced the built domain with links from within your site that can be an issue.

In either case part of the corrective action is to ask the search engines to deindex the URLs you don't want. Each engine has their own process to do that.

You can also ask them to index your site at your custom domain.

Or you can wait, potentially several months for things to work out, assuming you don't have some of the issues I mentioned above.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.