Image Best Practices when working with templates - What is your process?

This is likely a very elementary question; however, I'm riding the struggle bus on finding a good system and would love to hear how you work through image sizes when working with templated sections. I'm currently working in Squarespace 7.1

So - here goes...SCENARIO:

You're working from a blank page > Add Section > Intro > and then you choose a intro that includes an image

What are your next steps for sizing that image correctly?

Do you right click > inspect >find the image size - then resize your desired image in a program like canva?

Do you play around with different images in trial and error?

What is your process?

2 minutes ago, Kaxel said:

You're working from a blank page > Add Section > Intro > and then you choose a intro that includes an image. What are your next steps for sizing that image correctly?

I am not sure that I fully understand your question.

Once you've uploaded a video to Squarespace, it shouldn't be necessary to edit the image using any third party tools. It should be possible to adjust the image within the block. For example, by resizing the block, change the block design settings, moving the focal point of the image, and so on. 

For example, here's an intro section with an image:

If this doesn't answer your question, please provide further details. If it is difficult to describe, perhaps a Loom video will help us?

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Those are both very helpful! I'm not using the tools within Squarespace to their potential and overthinking trying to maintain the integrity of the original template. I need to start using focal points and that should solve some of the obstacles I'm running into. 

Thanks for helping move the barriers in my process!