Z-Index Layering Fixed Position Image Issue (Used to work...did SS change something)

Go to solution Solved by Ziggy,

I have a logo set in a fixed position that used to stay on top of each section as the page scrolled.  Now suddenly the second section (black BG) has started blocking out the logo image.  The logo used to stay on top of the black section upon scrolling but stopped today without any change to my code.  Did SS change something recently?  How do I remedy this?

Here's my current code:

/* Fixed Logo */
div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1647567838873_14530 center {
    position: fixed;
      width: 16%; 
    top: 17%;
    left: 1%;
    z-index: 999;
}

Thanks.

I have a logo set in a fixed position that used to stay on top of each section as the page scrolled.  Now suddenly the second section (black BG) has started blocking out the logo image.  The logo used to stay on top of the black section upon scrolling but stopped today without any change to my code.  Did SS change something recently?  How do I remedy this?

Here's my current code:

/* Fixed Logo */
}

www.valechamber.com

Thanks.

Here's my current code:

/* Fixed Logo */
}

(I've tried adding "!important" in multiple lines...didn't help.)

www.valechamber.com

Thanks.

• Solution
5 hours ago, couper37 said:

www.valechamber.com

Since the logo is fixed, it doesn't matter where it is on the page, so I would recommend placing the logo in the last section of the page (or footer if you want this on every page) that should very simply solve the z-index issue.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

• 5 months later...

Hi

this is a follow up. 
I am trying to change the z-index of certain blocks using their blockID with some code insertion. Based on a click I want certain blocks to have a higher z-index. But it doesn’t seem to work?  Is this not possible? 

On 8/12/2023 at 6:11 PM, RLXMIA said:

Hi

this is a follow up. 
I am trying to change the z-index of certain blocks using their blockID with some code insertion. Based on a click I want certain blocks to have a higher z-index. But it doesn’t seem to work?  Is this not possible? 

What is password?

image.png.ea8dd58d4bf6470ac6d35a68911f6498.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)