anchor links for mobile and mobile layouts

Go to solution Solved by Ziggy,

Two questions:

1) I got my anchor links working properly on desktop, but I found on mobile it is way off.  I tried to apply the @media code, but I found that was changing my desktop scroll.  Do I need to specify both desktop and mobile in my CSS code?

2) Checking my mobile, I found the layout really changed from my desktop; I found one video where they suggest having a desktop section and a mobile section and then adding code to hide one or the other depending on what device is being used.  Is that the best method or is there something better I can do so I do not have to maintain two sections with the same material?

• Solution

I'm guessing, but I think both these problems come from the problem. Are you using the grid fluid engine? If so, have you edited the mobile layout? In Fluid Engine the desktop and mobile layouts are completely separate and both need manually editing.

I think that's why the layout is wrong on mobile, and explains why the anchor links don't work correctly as the code block containing the anchor ID is in the wrong place.

If you need more help, can you share your website URL?

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link)