Button Stylings

Hi there!

I have tried so many IDs and Classes found in the Chrome Inspector, but none of them permanently  affect the buttons when I style them in the Custom CSS area. Weird part is, that when I make the adjustment in the Inspector the effects work, but when I copy that same code and paste into the Custom CSS nothing happens!

I have also gone through the Design>Site Styles>Colors, but those styles marked "Button" only seem to affect the :hover state of Landing Page button.

There are no controls on that page I can find to style Blog Landing Page button (it displays as a transparent box, black border and black font; on-hover reversed). I went through and made sure there were no choices on the whole design plane pointing at black (there should be no use of black on our site), but was unable to affect any changes. 

What I would like to do is change some basic stylings of those two buttons: one on the Landing Page (Primary Button), and one on the Blog Landing Page (Primary Button).

Landing Page and Blog Landing Page styles: 

• Resting state should be
    • background-color: transparent;
    • border: 4px solid #6D6E71;
    • color: #E7E8C5;
  • Hover-state
    • background-color: #CFA763;
    • border: 4px solid #E7E8C5;
    • color: #6D6E71;

Bonus Question: In general I have had fair success with Custom CSS styling on our Squarespace page. However, some elements are persistently un-style-able. Worse, sometimes the class I add with the custom code works temporarily, then not-sure-what happens and my changes disappear. Do you have any resources you could point me towards to understand how to properly select page elements for custom styles?

Thank you!

Seven

Edited by SisselySevenRooT
  • Replies 3
  • Views 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
On 2/22/2023 at 6:09 AM, SisselySevenRooT said:

Dang -- forgot the other most important thing!

https://plan-experiential.squarespace.com/

It is not public yet, so password hidden:

pw: constructionfunction

Thank you so much!

Sorry, missing your comment. If you still need help, just comment below, I will check it

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)