Code Block Videos Not Working all of a sudden

Hi! 

I'm having an issue where two video are no longer showing up on a site for a client. I wasn't the original designer, I just help with small changes and marketing now so this way of using videos to autoplay with a code block is not something I am familiar with. Before I reached out to the designer I wondered if anyone here knew what was happening  or I was just missing something obvious. 

This page has a video in the header on the right hand side that is now not visible or playing. 

https://www.dh-designhouse.com/services

Thank you!

On 2/14/2023 at 4:51 PM, toripintar said:

Code Block Videos Not Working all of a sudden. I'm having an issue where two video are no longer showing up on a site for a client.

I don't know why it isn't working (I haven't looked into your page yet) but have you tried using a Video Block instead of a Code Block?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

@paul2009 thank you!  It was my original design and build but I've now taken over but I didn't quite understand the intent behind how it was coded.

Given Squarespace's new design features they just rolled out for video with auto-play, limited control etc. I did think of doing that. However, I think this might have been set up to work my like a Gif to completely eliminate the option for users to pause it. I saw in the main thread about video updates the discussion about accessibility and how removing any controls can affect that, which I found interesting. 

Thank you for taking the time to respond! I spoke to the original designer and they're looking at it or I might just replace them with the Video blocks instead given the new features and the insight into accessibility.