Order Status bug - stacked overlapping items hide the 'Download' button link on small mobile phone screens

14Feb 2023 - A heads up for those of you migrating from the Order Confirmation system to the Order Status roll-out

Be aware of what looks like a bug that Squarespace need to fix.  On the customers received 'Order Status' - if the filename of your digital products is quite wordy, then the text overlaps and obscures the all important 'Download' buttons as per the screengrab on this samsung:-

image.png.aeb508649be8dd9b68a08e0fce2bb04b.png

Ensuring customers can download their purchased files is critical. It's rather irritating that we cannot easily test the results as we have little control over the hard-coded form and can't see the result unless ficticiously placing a test order to ourselves as customers. 

A 2nd problem is that many of you will want to add custom code to 'EMPHASIZE' to the customer that the download link expires etc. The added code seems to get lost beneath an anomaly white footer - which must be part of the hardcoded form - nothing actually to do with the custom inejected code:-

image.png.2bc0febb73b7eb436843e6e1a462bdf3.png

Again very hard to test fixes for as the resultant Order Status form isn't easily generatable.

Sian

Edited by Sian_Ast
30 minutes ago, Sian_Ast said:

Order Status bug - stacked overlapping items hide the 'Download' button link on small mobile phone screens

Have you reported this to Customer Care? I expect they'll fix this very quickly.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Paul, yes I have a report raised but their first response was that it wasn't a Squarespace problem because of the injected code niggle. Hence I've tried to elevate it as a bug both in response to them and on this forum - the filenames of digital items overlapping the important 'Download Link' buttons is a major concern.

3 hours ago, Sian_Ast said:

I have a report raised but their first response was that it wasn't a Squarespace problem because of the injected code niggle.

For info, this issue has been escalated 🙂

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.