Code for only certain add to cart items?

On my store page, I have two items that need to be very customized upon ordering and simply cannot just be added to cart. I would love to have the “add to cart” button, which I have changed the text to say “custom inquiry form”link to the custom inquiry page. 
All other items I like as is. Add to cart, stays on page where item was added. 
Please tell me this is a possibility!

• Replies 3
  • Views 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Kreations said:

On my store page, I have two items that need to be very customized upon ordering and simply cannot just be added to cart. I would love to have the “add to cart” button, which I have changed the text to say “custom inquiry form”link to the custom inquiry page. 

If you need to capture custom information during the purchase process, you can add a Custom Product Form to a product. This will appear when the customer clicks 'Add to Cart'.

If you need a customer to contact you before purchasing a product, you can add a link to the product description that takes potential customers to a page containing a generic contact form. If you require something better, you may be interested in our Product Enquiry Form extension which lets you add an' Inquire' button to products (specific ones or all products) and then automatically sends the product information with the customer's inquiry.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I would love the inquire button! Does that get rid of the add to cart?

So I make 3D wood signs. Some are ready to ship, some made to order, but the custom ones like names and logos, the prices extremely vary and there’s much more than collecting some additional info then go to checkout. They have to be able to contact me, then make a custom listing from there.

I do want these listings to remain in my store page.

3 hours ago, Kreations said:

I would love the inquire button! Does that get rid of the add to cart?

Yes, you can choose on a product-by-product basis to have:

• inquire button
  • add to cart button
  • both buttons

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.