Could some tech person check my website and tell me if the Checkout is in fact working? I'm confused about whether I need to upgrade further or not in order to ensure the checkout is enabled.

Yep, Hi, just need someone who knows how to get in there to tell me if my checkout is actually enabled or not. I don't see my own URL in the checkout test line (when I went looking through the E-Commerce tab) but then I read that if you're using your own domain, it isn't necessary - my domain is www.orlaclancycontemporaryart.com. 

If one of the tech people could check this, it would be great. Thanks in advance. 

I was able to get to your checkout page, if that answers your question.

I did not complete the checkout page process as that would have cost $.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

13 hours ago, Orla said:

Could some tech person check my website and tell me if the Checkout is in fact working? 

You can test your checkout by visiting your website from a private or incognito browser. If the purchase is successful you will be able to refund the cost of your order afterwards (with the exception of the transaction charges) by cancelling the order.

When you are testing the purchase you'll see there are currently two redundant steps in your purchase workflow. These unnecessary hurdles may prevent customers from completing their purchase. The first redundant step is due to the Custom Product Form that prompts customers for their email address.

image.thumb.png.a6b87beb675e3c3ddf48b20f7f4f2d27.png

This is unnecessary because users will be prompted for their email address on the checkout page:

image.png.c288c4de4bf952a3578a9f98a33affa5.png

Confusingly, after clicking 'Add to Cart' they are sent directly to the express checkout. If you are using the express checkout feature, the button should ideally be captioned 'Purchase' (or similar).

The second redundant step is due to the Custom Checkout Form. it prompts customers for their name and address in section 3, Additional Information.

image.thumb.png.9af1ed17eefb48abe967ef7a330f918d.png

Customers have already provided their name and shipping address in section 2 and will be prompted to confirm their name and billing address in section 4: 

image.thumb.png.15f5e876c4a3aa5ef90f98ccaf24b32a.png.   image.thumb.png.03c0c0ea0a3f6b864f306ed0acc8ec21.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

I went in there and made a couple of changes, I wonder, would you mind having another quick look and telling me what you think? I got rid of the email prompt and the express checkout option. 

Your feedback is very helpful and appreciated. 🤩