How do I crop a video to be square in Squarespace 7.1

Go to solution Solved by imdanielduncan,

SITE URL:  imdanielduncan.com

PASSWORD (IF THERE IS ONE):  23_lock

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to crop a video in Squarespace 7.1 or align it to the left? Maybe with CSS, or if there is an easier way? I added a 1080x1080px (square) video into the video block, and set it to mute, autoplay, and loop. The issue is that the block keeps the full 1920x1080 width instead of cropping to the same size as the actual video. I've attached two screen recordings that show the problem. I am on Squarespace 1.7 and have the personal plan. If there is any way to fix this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Daniel Duncan

As you can see in this video, the video I added to the "Video" block in Squarespace autoplays, loops, is muted, and has no controls. I want it to look like the image behind it, where it's aligned to the left of the section. But, the video block keeps it's full width instead of cropping to 1080x1080.

• Solution
On 2/11/2023 at 12:04 PM, imdanielduncan said:

SITE URL:  imdanielduncan.com

PASSWORD (IF THERE IS ONE):  23_lock

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to crop a video in Squarespace 7.1 or align it to the left? Maybe with CSS, or if there is an easier way? I added a 1080x1080px (square) video into the video block, and set it to mute, autoplay, and loop. The issue is that the block keeps the full 1920x1080 width instead of cropping to the same size as the actual video. I've attached two screen recordings that show the problem. I am on Squarespace 1.7 and have the personal plan. If there is any way to fix this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Daniel Duncan

As you can see in this video, the video I added to the "Video" block in Squarespace autoplays, loops, is muted, and has no controls. I want it to look like the image behind it, where it's aligned to the left of the section. But, the video block keeps it's full width instead of cropping to 1080x1080.

Screen Recording 2023-02-11 at 11.47.24 AM.mov 44.01 MB · 3 downloads  

I just found this YouTube video that was posted a few hours ago. It fixes this issue: 

• 6 months later...