Audio Block opening file in a new tab on iPad/Mobile - can this be fixed?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

On 2/10/2023 at 1:45 PM, TheBigRedBox said:

This is specifically about how playback looks/works when on an iPad/mobile - I need to show this page to clients this way.

The audio blocks play on the page - on iPad & mobile it opens another tab...with an ugly player!

View on iPad/Mobile https://www.ijustcalledtosay.co.uk/mr-and-mrs-bayuni

Is there any code that can stop this happening...?

Thanks and fingers crossed!

@tuanphan I wonder if you may be able to help with this? 😄 

I've attached screen recordings of both views - how it looks on iPad and what happens on mobile/iPad.

I want the audio player to play on the mobile/iPad in the same way as the laptop view.

My site is 7.1 - Fluid Engine.

https://www.ijustcalledtosay.co.uk/mr-and-mrs-bayuni let me know if you need a password.

• Solution
On 2/10/2023 at 1:45 PM, TheBigRedBox said:

This is specifically about how playback looks/works when on an iPad/mobile. The audio blocks play on the page - on iPad & mobile it opens another tab...with an ugly player! Is there any code that can stop this happening...?

@TheBigRedBox This is normal on iOS devices (iPhones, iPads) but I provided a workaround in 2021 (see below). Please take a look and let me know how you get on.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 3 weeks later...