avenue template - problems with iage titles

Can you share your website URL and page this is on. Can you also add a few screenshot of what you're seeing? Thanks!

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

The help video is showing how to use 7.1 not 7.0 (it is a typo at the top of the you tube video) that is why you don't have those options in  the same place in your config program. I use Avenue as well, so where are these images you can't get the title to show? An image block, a gallery or a gallery page? Depending on the gallery block design titles will only show when the image is in lightbox mode. If the image is on a gallery page, it shows up in the stack, not under the thumbnail. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews

Hi Derrick 

thanks for the reply , The images are on a Gallery page , when i click on the thumbnails of the page on the left to edit an image and add text it doesn't show show up after saving. Can i get 7.1 ? , or do the 7.1 options appear on the 7.0 version , for example i cant find lightbox mode in my 7.0 version - any suggestions greatly received 

Using 7.1 would mean starting over with a new trial site and a new site billing account. You can't change your template to a 7.1  template. Lightbox is not on a gallery page in Avenue, only in a gallery block which is added to a standard page or a blog post page. In a gallery page, you  edit the page, click on the thumbnail or click the thumbnail gear icon, type your new text or change existing text and then hit save at the top of the window. The text shows up under the image when you view the stacked images gallery  page inside an index page  not if viewed by itself as a slideshow (with the small thumbnails at the bottom) To get lightbox mode you add a gallery block on a page, edit the gallery and toggle light box on only if the gallery block is set for grid or stack in gallery design. You also click the option in gallery design to show the title or title and description, you set the title and text in image settings. I do not use gallery pages by themselves on my site, they are all in an index page, along with pages with gallery blocks. Gallery blocks are more versitile than gallery pages in Avenue, I can make them look like a gallery page with stacked images if I want. 

Here are examples of a gallery page

Inside an index page: https://myrandomviews.com/views-images#/rivers/ images stacked and you can see the caption under the second image from the top

Same gallery page viewed outside of the index page. Viewable as a slideshow  with thumbnails, no captions or titles.   https://myrandomviews.com/rivers/

I have a lot of images on my site, 11 gallery pages, and one page with a gallery block all in an index, plus a whole lot of them in my blog and in my photography lessons. You can take a look if you wish. Just so you know I am a devotee of the old Avenue template and have been since 2015, although the site doesn't look much like the template demo any longer. I have changed it design quite a bit of it with custom CSS. 

my random views

Edited by derricksrandomviews