The mobile version of my site looks different from the preview in set up

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello! So, a few weeks ago, I revamped my website to the point where it is now. Everything looked great, all the previews were how I wanted them to be. Today, I randomly decided to check out my website on my phone and it looks nothing like the preview does in the /config loadout when I am working on my site. I hadn't looked at it until now cause the previews were showing everything in order. 

Could I get someone to look at this and 

1. Let me know if it does look messed up on your end as well
  2. Help me figure out how to fix this

Thank you!

P.S. - Here's what things look like on my end

The preview of the mobile site via the /config page on my computer

jhjhkl4.thumb.png.8d7bf93784fad550f3e717276d06d77d.png

How it looks like when I go to the site on my phone

Screenshot_20230209_105703_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f4937086c058be0bf8395e78fac5338f.jpg

• Solution
39 minutes ago, BlairHitch said:

Today, I randomly decided to check out my website on my phone and it looks nothing like the preview

Apart from the title being truncated (due to its length), your site is loading correctly on mobile for me (see below). However, I see this wasn't the same for you.

image.thumb.png.37868eea856faf36154c8a2b0952f2b7.png

Your screenshot shows what it would look like if the JS and/or CSS content didn't fully load, which can be an issue if using an old or unsupported browser, or where the internet connection is not reliable.

If you are still having the issue on this device, please check which browser you are using (type and version number).

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

3 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

Apart from the title being truncated (due to its length), your site is loading correctly on mobile for me (see below). However, I see this wasn't the same for you.

image.thumb.png.37868eea856faf36154c8a2b0952f2b7.png

Your screenshot shows what it would look like if the JS and/or CSS content didn't fully load, which can be an issue if using an old or unsupported browser, or where the internet connection is not reliable.

If you are still having the issue on this device, please check which browser you are using (type and version number).

Oh, okay! Got it! Thank you so much, that makes me feel a lot better! I'll check those and come back if there's still an issue! I appreciate your help, thanks!

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Yenna said:

The mobile preview in squarespace is different from what I really get, is there any solution?

This is normal.

The mobile preview uses an average set of dimensions to allow you to see what it may look like on a "typical" mobile device. However, there are many different screen sizes and resolutions, so it cannot represent all the mobiles in general use. Also, the browser can influence how the page is interpreted, so the site may not look the same on Safari as it does not Chrome.

It's worth checking at a few different resolutions because some visitors will have older (lower resolution) mobiles while others will have the latest, largest smartphone. Here are some examples:

image.thumb.png.4b4d08c3fc915c7e93f363377560042e.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.