Replacing Twitter Block

I am with the Highland Park/New Brunswick Eruv, and we were blindsided by Twitter's announcement last week regarding their API. We used Twitter to:

• Post that last Tweet onto ourFacebook Group feed.
  • Email that last tweet to everyone on our Email list
  • Have a phone line that basically read out the last tweet to you.

And for here, to post that last tweet on our SquareSpace page. (It's under Eruv Status).

Now, I've got to rebuild all of this automation. Is it possible to display my last Facebook post on my SquareSpace webpage? Is it possible to display the last item of an RSS feed on my webpage.

The Facebook and RSS blocks on SquareSpace aren't able to pull information — just push it. Except for Instagram, there doesn't seem to be any other built in blocks that can pull information from a blogging site like Twitter.

I did find a third party plugin from CommonNinja that will allow me to post a Mastodon Feed onto my SquareSpace page. That might help. However, how much can I trust these third party plugins? It was these third party plugins that made me leave WordPress due to security issues. Are these third party plugins good to use on SquareSpace?

Edited by qazwart
  • Replies 0
  • Views 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days