Weglot language switcher appears to be breaking site code.

Hi,

Ever since starting to use the Weglot language switcher we are seeing broken code errors on our site:

https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.defenda.eu%2F

If you see there are unclosed divs and spans. I have contacted support but they say they won't even look at it because weglot are a 3rd party company. Seems odd as weglot are built into the system and interact with Squarespace. I would imagine other sites are exhibiting these issues. Very poor in my opinion to expect the community to fix their issues but that is the nature of the beast I guess. Feeling very let down at the moment. 

Would anyone be able to suggest a fix please? We wish to use the switcher but don't want broken spans and divs on our site. 

Thanks, 

Matt

On 2/8/2023 at 10:30 AM, whatisthis said:

I have contacted support but they say they won't even look at it because weglot are a 3rd party company.

Have you contacted Weglot for support? In my experience they are very responsive.

You'll find their help pages here.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 2/10/2023 at 1:34 PM, Eugene_Weglot said:

Hey there, this is Eugène from Weglot.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.
Our support team will get back to you as soon as possible! 

Thank you for your patience! Have a great day.

Hi Eugene and thanks for the prompt response. Do you have an idea of when your engineers may be able to look at this please?

On 2/16/2023 at 2:11 PM, Eugene_Weglot said:

Hey there, what email did you use to contact support? 

Can you please send an email with the same address that you used to sign up for Weglot?

Thanks! 

Hi, I contacted Squarespace support, not Weglot, I will ask the client for the email he signed up with. Shall I DM you this? You are the only person I have had contact with from Weglot.

Thanks 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I received a response from Weglot support saying that the errors appear to be nothing to do with weglot and asking for us to deactivate the software and see if the errors are removed. We have done so and the errors are gone. We have taken the decision to remove Weglot from our site.