Single Courses with members areas?

I'm wondering something similar. I was hoping to set up a site where customers can pay for individual online workshops, but Squarespace doesn't seem to offer this. It's either a fixed fee for all video content you upload or a subscription to it. Unless you set up multiple Member Areas.

I find it really complicated and a bit long-winded if I'm honest, and I'm concerned customers will turn away if there's too many barriers for them accessing my work!

I'm needing help with this too. Right now I have 2 courses, each have their own member area. To: Ash97, you can only have up to 10 courses on your site which means 10 member areas. 

My struggle is that I want people to be able to have the option to buy both courses. Like add both to a cart and checkout at the same time. But having to join 2 different member areas makes no sense. 

• 5 months later...

I'm having the same problem. I am looking to create a site where students can pay per course while staying in the same member area, but the current member's area doesn't allow that. Squarespace has designed it so the pricing is for the member area itself (via weekly/monthly/yearly, etc...) but this pricing model isn't as practical for those of us teaching valuable courses in stages.

There needs to be a pay-per-course option (like the ones Teachable or Kajabi offer) for this to be a competitive alternative.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam" "I shall either find a way or make one"

• 1 month later...

Im wondering this as well.  For those of us who are new to Squarespace and setting up our first site to sell a course, it's' really confusing.  It's almost as if Squarespace makes a ton of assumptions that everyone just automatically knows how it works.  It's so unclear when building a page the difference between a course and a member area and when you test the site and are logged in, the course shows its behind a paywall, but we as the site developer click the link to the course and we just go straight there... no paywall test.  How do we trust that if published that the paywall is working?  Squarespace needs to do some serious "from the start" videos on how to set it up and what it looks like from the site dev side, step by step.  

12 hours ago, Turbiville said:

For those of us who are new to Squarespace and setting up our first site to sell a course, it's' really confusing. Squarespace needs to do some serious "from the start" videos on how to set it up and what it looks like from the site dev side, step by step.  

This thread pre-dates the introduction of the 'Courses' feature in August 2023. Squarespace have created a video series that introduces Courses, and shows the steps for building a course, including tips for shooting video, and covers selling and marketing your courses:

The remaining videos can be viewed on the support site or on YouTube

12 hours ago, Turbiville said:

It's so unclear when building a page the difference between a course and a member area

I've tried to explain the differences between Courses and Member Sites in my post here:

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.