Clicking on an image in a gallery "Slideshow" to enlarge it

Hello,

My client has two requests for me for the "Slideshow" gallery format but I can't quite find the right coding.

1.  She does not like that to go back and forth between images in the gallery you can click on any part of the image to do so. She would like the left and right arrows to be the only "hot keys" to toggle. Essentially disabling the function of clicking on an image to go through the slideshow.

2. She would also like each image to enlarge when clicked on (like the "Lightbox" function) OR when clicking on a separate button.

Would these two requests be possible for Squarespace 7.1 through custom codes?

I've included screenshots of what my page and settings look like now for  the "slideshow" gallery. I would really appreciate some help on this!

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 11.26.24 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 11.26.52 AM.png

• 8 months later...
On 2/16/2023 at 3:44 AM, ReturnDesender said:

I am also wanting an ability to essentially lightbox an image in a slideshow. I have a couple images with information on them that can be difficult to read.

Do you mean similar to this? 

https://beyondspace-staging.squarespace.com/?password=1234&noredirect

I am also looking for this, but with the "simple list" auto layout feature. Will be following 

@rodabaugh you mean the Auto layout on 7.1 right?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!