Link in search engines linking to old website

I recently created a squarespace site. It is done and published, and my old carrier has unpublished my website and deactivated the account (I can't seem to delete entirely - but that's a whole other issue)

Anyways - When I first published my website, my sub pages in google were linking to my old website. So, I went into my Squarespace settings, and changed it so that if someone clicks those sub link pages, it would just link back to my main page. However, now that my old site is deactivated, I can't remember where I found the option to change this redirect. 

I have used google search console to attempt to index my pages and also url mapping. I am not having much luck. It has been a month now, and it is still not syncing properly. Any advice??

• Replies 2
  • Views 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

@ElliceF It sounds like you might be looking for the custom 404 option: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205814478-Creating-a-custom-404-page

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014