See URL parameters in logs

Hi - Is there a way to see raw URL parameters in the logs?  For example, if I give a friend a link, www.foo.com/?name=Bob could I view the logs and see this anywhere?  Interestingly, so far I've seen that URL as the referrer when Bob visits a second page, www.foo.com/about but I can't see raw log data, nor am I seeing it in the Traffic Sources panel (though maybe there's a delay?).  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Second question, for a more "structured" query, can I see standard UTM-based campaign data, like a URL created in the Google campaign builder? https://ga-dev-tools.web.app/ga4/campaign-url-builder/ ?  Thank you!

• Replies 2
  • Views 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure but you may be able to see this in the anylatics activity log, but you would need to seach by your firends ip and the city that friend is in. I have given out a link or two and it shows up like this:

2/10/2023, 7:41:01pm  131.148.91.138 Lesson Three: Every Lens Tells a Story
location:Brooksville, Florida, United States Referrer: myrandomviews.com/blog/category/Four+Green+Walls
Win10Chrome
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/109.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Edited by derricksrandomviews