Summary blocks -- without blog posts or products?

Hi there!

I’m trying to create a summary block that points readers/users to other parts of my website. I have article pages, but they’re not designed as blog posts. I don’t have blog posts or products.

Does anyone know how to create a summary block that points to regular pages of my site?

In case it’s helpful, I’m using a 7.1 template.

Thank you!

• Replies 9
  • Views 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summary blocks only work with blogs and products in 7.1, you can use images or other standard blocks to create links, or use the List (auto-layout) section to add a some summary block style (but it needs manually populating, unlike a summary block).

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

3 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Summary blocks only work with blogs and products in 7.1, you can use images or other standard blocks to create links, or use the List (auto-layout) section to add a some summary block style (but it needs manually populating, unlike a summary block).

Thank you. 

I've tried to use Lists and Galleries. But I'm not able to link the images within the galleries, AND the text beneath them. Do you know if there's a workaround?

Appreciate your help and time!

1 hour ago, derricksrandomviews said:

Your best solution is to create a blog page in the unlinked section of your site, and create a summary block in the main part of your site. If you don't want anyone to click thru to the blog post you can disable that with the following code in custom css. 

.summary-thumbnail-container { pointer-events: none !important; }

Thank you! Will try it shortly. 

I should have read your original post a bit more carefully. If you want to go to any other page besides the blog page, then you would not disable the click thru, you would set the blog post for "post title should link to source url" in the settitngs/content setting of the  blog post itself. Insert the url and turn on the toggle. When the title or image in the summary block is clicked it goes to the url (internal or external link) that you set. It won't open in a new window without code, just to let you know. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I'm trying to do this too - but I have another summary bock elsewhere which I do want to be able to link through from. Is there a way of disabling the link on one summary block without doing it site wide? Thanks so much

1 hour ago, nat456987 said:

Hi, I'm trying to do this too - but I have another summary bock elsewhere which I do want to be able to link through from. Is there a way of disabling the link on one summary block without doing it site wide? Thanks so much

You can target disabling of click-through by page or block. If you give an example of where you want to do this I can provide you with some code.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link)