I want to hide pricing, quantity and add to cart - Is this even possible on Foster template v7.0

Go to solution Solved by Ziggy,

I want to make better use of the shop feature to display my products rather than gallery (as these are carousel and I can also include blurb). However, I need to get rid of the price/quantity and add to cart function. Is it even possible and if so how do I do it?

This is certainly possible, can you share your website URL?

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

• Solution

Fair enough! Try this Custom CSS:

.ProductItem-details .product-price, .tweak-product-item-details-show-quantity .ProductItem-details .product-quantity-input, .tweak-product-item-details-show-add-to-cart-button .ProductItem-details .sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper, .ProductList .product-price {
  display:none !important;
}

Let me know if there are any instances of the price etc that still show up.

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 

Not a problem, very happy to help!

Can you mark my post as the solution to your question, and give it a thumbs up? Thanks!

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 

• 8 months later...

Hi, last year an amazing person from this community was able to provide me with the code I needed to hide all of the quantity, cosy and add to cart buttons from my site, as we dont sell online, but the product gallery is useful to show the products we have. See link

www.andwolfbridal.co.uk/designer-wedding-dresses

However, I now want to be able to make some of these dresses available for online purchase, but keep the rest hidden, how can I do this? Is it even possible

57 minutes ago, VM72 said:

However, I now want to be able to make some of these dresses available for online purchase, but keep the rest hidden, how can I do this?

When you say "Keep the rest hidden", I assume you are referring to the prices of those dresses, and not the dresses themselves? If that's the case, here are a couple of ways to manage this. Each will have its upsides and downsides:

Two store pages
You can have more than one store page. With two pages, you could clearly show the dresses that are available for online purchase on one page, and show the other dresses on a separate page. One page could have prices and one without.

Mixed page
If you would prefer to interweave the dresses on a single page, you could categorise or tag the dresses where you want to hide prices and add-to-cart buttons.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 10/19/2023 at 12:03 PM, paul2009 said:

When you say "Keep the rest hidden", I assume you are referring to the prices of those dresses, and not the dresses themselves? If that's the case, here are a couple of ways to manage this. Each will have its upsides and downsides:

Two store pages
You can have more than one store page. With two pages, you could clearly show the dresses that are available for online purchase on one page, and show the other dresses on a separate page. One page could have prices and one without.

Yes, I want the images of the dresses to be shown, but not the prices or any option to purchase on the main shop page. The two store pages would be the best option for me, but the prices are still hidden, and I don't know how to unhide them, on just this one store page.

3 hours ago, VM72 said:

the prices are still hidden, and I don't know how to unhide them, on just this one store page.

The prices will be hidden on all pages because of the CSS that you added to Custom CSS (as shown above). If you remove it, prices will be shown again.

If you want it to hide prices on a single store page, you can add the same CSS to the Page Header Code Injection area, which you'll find in the settings for the store page. When you add it here, you'll need to "wrap" the original CSS in style tags, so it looks something like this:

<style>
  .ProductItem-details .product-price, .tweak-product-item-details-show-quantity .ProductItem-details .product-quantity-input, .tweak-product-item-details-show-add-to-cart-button .ProductItem-details .sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper, .ProductList .product-price { 
    display:none !important; 
  }
</style>

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.