Troubleshooting SSL error message

Hello,

I bought the domain and published a client's site last week and I made sure that the SSL certificate is active, but every time I try to go to the site, saintboss.org, I get an error message: 

This site can’t provide a secure connection

www.saintboss.org sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I saw the troubleshooting page on Squarespace resources and one of the things it mentions is that "mixed content" may be the cause of it, but the only custom code I have is for a hover effect on some images and for sizing google calendar on mobile. Could this be the cause?

Any feedback is appreciated, my client wants to announce the site on Friday so I really need to solve this before then.

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem in Chrome, and when I try with Safari (which I never use and have no cahed content in) I get a "can't establish a secure connection" message.

BUT it works if I reload a few times. Yet I always get the error messages on the first attempt.

The site is here: https://www.diablofiresafe.com/

(It's protected by a password, but the error is happening before that landing page.)

This has been happening for a week while testing the new site. The domain and certificate are both set up through Squarespace, and nothing seems amiss. Any help is appreciated!

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...