Change Wording Feature Removed?

Hey all—just wondering why the "Change Wording" feature was removed from Scheduling? It's especially annoying for my clients who are only offering Group Classes when all we can display at the top of a Scheduling block is "Choose Appointment," which doesn't quite feel like the right call-to-action. Is there any way around this?

I have a lot of clients trying to move to Squarespace from other class-booking systems like Mind Body Online, GloFox, Kajabi etc but this has been a stumbling block for them. It kind of adds to an overall feeling that we're forcing the system to do something it wasn't really designed for, since you can't really organize and present group classes for booking in an elegant way.

Curious if anyone else has noticed this or is struggling with this issue with clients?

Edited by Cowbird
  • Replies 12
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/30/2022 at 2:36 AM, Cowbird said:

just wondering why the "Change Wording" feature was removed from Scheduling?

image.thumb.png.ec0b9a4f5c18c5fea65bad9363377e36.png

As you say, new phrases cannot be created. The only workaround is using custom CSS but you;d need to be on the (much more expensive) Powerhouse Plan to do this.

I have no insight as to why this is being removed but I hope this means that a new (better?) solution for changing fixed phrases is on the way. 

Squarespace employees don't routinely monitor this forum for feedback (see the guidelines - item 6) so please contact Squarespace Customer Care if the removal of this feature will cause you problems.

Did this help to explain? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

How are we supposed to run a business in French or a bilingual business? Squarespace doesn't support multiple languages.... now Accuity doesn't support any wording/language changes..... are we in 2022..... do you guys need help with your programming ? I can quit my dayjob as a physician and learn C++ if you need help... common....

The Scheduler is great..... but what is it good for if it can't be used and isn't versatile.....  We can't even use Weglot with it.... anyways.....

Please do not get rid of the wording tool.  Acuity's wording doesn't fit with my offerings -- 

"Coupon" is confusing to people-- they think that is a discount rather than their "pass" 

I had to work very hard to create language to make the process of booking an appointment easier for my clients and to make sure people do not book an appointment without using their pass.  

The wording tool was the only way I could get Acuity to work for our business. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 10:25 PM, Vicki-Blumango said:

So since SS took away the ability to change the text on the client scheduling page I could do with some help to change the word appointment to booking throughout. Does anyone know how to do this?136115549_Screenshot2023-01-31at15_23_15.thumb.png.b56b2c4acd355b8a0c00fc6a893431b2.png

can you share your site so I can take a look?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 5 months later...