Using domain on readymag

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi everyone, 

I am having trouble with using a domain purchased on squarespace on a different platform. The original site was made with Readymag but now I want to swap .org with .net. The .org is registered on Godaddy and was successfully connected to the new squarespace site. Now the .net should be used on the readymag website but whenever I change the DNS records I receive this error. 

Anyone has an idea why? 

Thanks a lot! 
1132170470_Screenshot2023-01-30222601.thumb.jpg.9b77dacdce4f20663565bf30a5636de5.jpg

• Solution
4 hours ago, EviH said:

I am having trouble with using a domain purchased on squarespace on a different platform. whenever I change the DNS records I receive this error. 

If you want to point the domain to a non-Squarespace site, you'll first need to delete your default records because your domain can’t point to another site when these defaults are in place.

For more information, see Point to a non-Squarespace site.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...