My Website is Not Loading Properly and Sometimes Not at All

When I or someone else tries to visit my website, it often, though not always, doesn't load properly. Sometimes the screen remains blank until you scroll up and down and eventually the site appears. Other times, you must refresh it multiple times to make it load. While today, for instance, all that loaded was the text, but nothing else, e.g., no photos, no banner etc. This happens on multiple devices, and I've been told by various friends that they have the same issue with my website. I am not good with the technical end of this stuff, so I really don't know what to do to solve the issue. I'm including a link to my website in case that helps. Thanks for any advice. 

https://www.andrewjamesmatthews.com

Seems to be loading just fine to me.

Perhaps some of what you are noticing is what is called lazy loading elements. It's basically a just in time approach to web page loading, only load elements as they are scrolled into the viewport. There is a delay as the LL elements are loaded onto screen but it improves the initial load time of the page. You don't have to wait for every element of the page load before you can start doing something.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

10 minutes ago, creedon said:

Seems to be loading just fine to me.

Perhaps some of what you are noticing is what is called lazy loading elements. It's basically a just in time approach to web page loading, only load elements as they are scrolled into the viewport. There is a delay as the LL elements are loaded onto screen but it improves the initial load time of the page. You don't have to wait for every element of the page load before you can start doing something.

Thanks for your reply. That definitely makes sense for the issue of why sometimes you need to scroll in order for it to start loading. But the other two elements, i.e., either not loading at all or just loading plain black text and nothing else, remain big concerns for me.