Is it beneficial to have multiple keyword rich domains 301 forwarded to a main business name.com?

Go to solution Solved by SEOSpace_Henry,

I have a basic business name.com and wondering if it still makes sense to buy other domains with keyword rich.coms and do the 301 forward to the main site.  Will it help catch and direct the people searching those keywords or not really? I think its more about quality content now, but is this still helpful to do?  Is it worth the $20 year/domain or does it hurt seo?  I'm super green and trying to learn the basics. thanks!

Edited by luxannie
  • Solution

Hi @luxannie

Purchasing and redirecting domains doesn't really have any benefits unless:

• You want to prevent anyone from buying that domain (i.e. your competitors or people who might try and sell it to you in the future)
  • There's a common misspelling of your business, and you want to catch people typing "misspelledname.com"
  • It's an "aged domain" - i.e. someone previously had it, and their subscription expired, meaning it has backlinks that will boost your site's ranking. I'm no expert here and you will definitely need one if you're considering this option.

Btw, if you'd like to learn the basics more, I'm launching a Squarespace SEO plugin later in Q1 - there will be a free plan and resources to help up-skill your SEO: https://www.roughwatermedia.com/squarespace-seo-plugin

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png

7 hours ago, luxannie said:

I have a basic business name.com and wondering if it still makes sense to buy other domains with keyword rich.coms and do the 301 forward to the main site.  Will it help catch and direct the people searching those keywords or not really? I think its more about quality content now, but is this still helpful to do?  Is it worth the $20 year/domain or does it hurt seo?  I'm super green and trying to learn the basics. thanks!

Basically this is going to do very little for you.

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale