Unable to make changes to shop template

Go to solution Solved by farhorizons,

There doesn't appear to be a way to edit the final shop page (in 7.1.).  I can fully edit the main product page template but when I get to the final page (the one you click through the product image to get to ) I can't edit any of the pre-existing template photo or text blocks. I can make changes to the product image that I added and to the product descriptions etc. On this 'add to checkout' page when I click on 'Edit' I get the option to Edit Product or Edit Section - I can also click on the brush to change the style. But nowhere in these edit options do I see the ability to make changes to the existing template (basically I want to remove some pre-existing text and an image). I have done some basic checks to make sure that it's not my browser or extensions that are messing things up, but this hasn't helped. I have trawled through various youtube help tutorials and it looks as if making these changes should be easy. But I just don't appear to have the same editing options. I confess I am new to all this so I feel that I am probably missing something very obvious! Any advice would be appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can normally edit the text and image(s) on a Product Detail Page (PDP) by editing the individual product - choose Edit Product. To edit the layout of the PDP, choose Edit Section. If these aren’t working as expected, please share link to one of the product pages that you are having difficulty with, or provide us with an annotated screenshot, highlighting the text and image you want to change. If required, How to Post a Forum Question provides guidance on how to post a link.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Solution

Many thanks for making the time to respond to my call for help. It turns out that to make changes to the PDP you have to go via the 'additional info' area of the products settings. Once in the 'additional info' area you then have access to remove pre-existing blocks from the template. No wonder I couldn't find it - not exactly a logical route to edit a page. 

1 minute ago, farhorizons said:

It turns out that to make changes to the PDP you have to go via the 'additional info' area of the products settings.

It all depends on what you want to change 🙂

The PDP layout can be changed by clicking EDIT SECTION whilst viewing the PDP. This allows you to decide the design, such as which site to place the images, whether to wrap the images and so on. This affects the top half of the PDP that is logically structured to include:

• Title
  • Price
  • Images
  • Description
  • Variants
  • Quantity
  • Add to Cart Button

Below this, in the bottom half of the PDP, is the Additional Info section, which can contain Squarespace Blocks, like a standard page section, only without the Fluid Engine editor. This guide explains in more detail.

The PDP content, including the content in the Additional Info section, is specific to the individual product you are viewing at the time, so must be edited at the product level, by clicking EDIT PRODUCT

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.