Google Verification

I received an email from Google asking me to verify my website using HTML code. My computer skills do not include code. Has anyone else had this issue? I reached out to customer support and they do not assist with code at this time. I apparently "just" need to add code to the injection area. No clue what that means. I need to figure out what Google wants from me and where to put it. 

• Replies 3
  • Views 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you enter your site into Google Console? If so, Google requires that you put either a script in the header or put a verification file in the root folder of your website, then clicking verify. Google's server would then go to your site and look for that file. If it is there, it proves that you own and have access to the site.

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2023 at 7:41 AM, OneTip said:

Did you enter your site into Google Console? If so, Google requires that you put either a script in the header or put a verification file in the root folder of your website, then clicking verify. Google's server would then go to your site and look for that file. If it is there, it proves that you own and have access to the site.

Where do we get to the header area or to the root folder please?