Accordion/Hamburger Menu not Working on Apple?

Go to solution Solved by LSGJ-Eli,

Hi! We just launched our new website and unfortunately have found one of our most necessary features - the accordion/hamburger icon menu does not work on Apple devices (iPhones) that we've tested. Any help here? Works beautifully on PC and Android devices. Any help really appreciated! I'm not sure where to start with fixing this and our official launch is this weekend.

(side note: this icon worked during dev/testing on iPhone before I connected my domain to our godaddy acct)

Screenshot_20230126_140947_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d6ed51e3c3df9b8f12795e59f6aa22e0.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Views 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, LSGJ-Eli said:

hamburger icon menu does not work on Apple devices

I see that you've added some Custom CSS to change the way the navigation works. I recommend you remove this (save it somewhere safe) save the change and then try again.

If the phone works fine, the CSS is the issue. If the phone still doesn't work, contact Squarespace Customer Care directly for help. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 hour ago, paul2009 said:

I see that you've added some Custom CSS to change the way the navigation works. I recommend you remove this (save it somewhere safe) save the change and then try again.

If the phone works fine, the CSS is the issue. If the phone still doesn't work, contact Squarespace Customer Care directly for help. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Hi Paul, thanks for responding so quickly. I'm trying out the CSS code (which is difficult to test without an iPhone device myself) but could this possibly be an issue of the website not adjusting yet? I've noticed on apple devices the website is 'not secure' whereas on PC and Android there are security certificates showing. There's also a glitching with the 1st headline occurring when the page loads on iPhone.

In either case, perhaps it looks like I'll need to reinstall a hamburger menu as I have from scratch to try to get this working on all devices.