Confirmation emails from ANY form

I have not purchased the email campaigns yet and and trying from the descriptions to decide if it meets my needs. Mysteriously, Squarespace seems to limit automated form replies to donor, newsletter, and purchase form activity. 

Is there a work-around to add entries from other forms to auto-reply? Just one example, if I have a volunteer form (we are a non-profit), when they submit the form, I'll need to auto-reply with a thank you and additional information. I know I can manually enter the information they submit. Not ideal, but if I do that will an automated response be triggered or do I need to somehow trigger it  and if I have to tell the email campaign to trigger a response, does it still count as an automated response or do I get dinged for a blast?

THANKS.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with you 100% ! Any form containing 1 x Name and 1 x Email field should be able to be linked to the Email Campaign extension. Not just a Newsletter form.

I, some might say foolishly, have just paid the annual Email Campaign fee only to find out that it does not work for regular forms. Yes the fact that it only works for Newsletter Forms is mentioned in the documentation, but it should be mentioned much more explicitly. To be honest now if feel duped by Squarespace for adding a product that doesn't really do a lot for me at a cost of $A168, with no refund available 😞

The website I am working on is a not for profit site for a community arts organisation. We hold festivals where people can register for events via the website. We would like better engagement with entrants by sending them form confirmation emails etc. Yes this is all possible using Mailchimp, Zapier, Goolge etc but why not make the Email Campaign Extension work... I'm certain more people would be happy to pay.

Squarespace do say use the free version before committing, try before you buy, but lets face it what most people want is the automation, which you can't try before you buy.

In the end I've had to go back to embedding a Google Form <iframe> rather than using Squarespace forms.

Frustrated.

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same boat here. I'd LOVE to bring all the apps/programs that I use under Squarespace, for instance, switching from Convertkit to email campaigns. But I have forms on my site that are not newsletter forms, and I can't find a way to connect my existing forms to an automated message in Email Campaigns. I came to this Forum to see if there's a work around but if not, I won't be upgrading my Squarespace account with any of their supplemental services, all of which ideally sound great, but are still half-baked.

Edited by Pink75
  • 2 months later...

Support shared a workaround that could help:

What you could do is set up a service product that's free:  https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206540867  

And add a custom product form to collect this information, we go over how to set that up here: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205811218  

Then you can set up an automation that goes out when a customer "purchases" a product: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002077567-Sending-automated-campaigns#toc-customer-activity-automations

I know it is quite a bit of a workaround to using the form block directly.

That customer information will end up being stored in both the Commerce > Orders panel, and you can access customer information in the Marketing > Profiles > Customers panel.   

From the Orders panel, you can export the orders by specific product, and click Include product form data, and that will export the customer information along with their form answers to a spreadsheet:

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206540677#toc-choose-product-details