Custom folders inside Asset Library

Go to solution Solved by Ziggy,

Used the Asset Library, and I guess it works... but...

What bothers me is that I can't add custom folders. For me who have loads and loads of images. It would be perfect to be able to add each sections images to a separate folder, and add an individual name to it. In addition it would, I guess, reduce the stress on the performance trying to generate thumbnails of 1000s of images each time I try to fint a specific one.

It would also be perfect if I could search on a title and remove duplicates. Because right now - the search function seems to be out of order.

• Solution

The Asset Library is a pretty new feature on Squarespace, and hopefully will have more functionality in the future. Certainly the type of thing that's worth requesting as a feature, I certainly wouldn't mind being able to group images into folders! 

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

On 1/25/2023 at 6:42 AM, Ziggy said:

The Asset Library is a pretty new feature on Squarespace, and hopefully will have more functionality in the future. Certainly the type of thing that's worth requesting as a feature, I certainly wouldn't mind being able to group images into folders! 

I'm a newbie here with Squarespace, and love the new Assets Library.  But I know right away I need a way to sort all of my images with folders, and the ability to move them around in the list. I've been trying to find a "requested features" page, but I've had no luck so far...

• 3 weeks later...

Like jonnypuma it's pretty much a deal breaker for me not to be able to have subfolders in the asset folder. It also seems you cannot change the asset name once unloaded or even use tags as a way of sorting. And yes, once you have even a modest number of images in the library it's not loading thumbnails fast enough to be able to look through them quickly. I'll put in a feature request but will be having to get my 14 day trial refund if there isn't a reasonable prospect of this quickly I'm afraid.

• 1 month later...