Adding link to "TEXT" doesn't work!

Hi, im trying to finish footer and adding Home/Video/Photo/Contact text and linking them to correct pages obviously.

Well, its not working. I managed to do it with Photos/Contact, but I cant link other pages. 

I tried typing /video (my page appears but after I click "save" and "apply" nothing happens.

I also tried manualy clicking on the wheel and go to pages and choosing a page there, again nothing....

Its literally a bug. I am not doing anything wrong except loosing my time on something im paying and should be working.

Thoughts? Thanks! :P

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 9.40.37 PM.png

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Folks often get tripped up by the Apply/Save routine but it sounds like you have that covered.

What happens if you super reload the page? Have you quit and relaunched your browser and/or computer? What happens?

I have had a couple of instances where making text links gets whacky and the above has straightened things out.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I will try tomorrow.

Sounds good.

Another thing you might try. I seem to recall the actual text block going bad several times.

What happens if you create a new text block and make links in it? Don't copy and paste text from the old block to the new block, unless you've taken it outside of SS into a text editor, and then copy the text from there back into SS.

Also do you have any custom CSS and/or JavaScript installed? I think it unlikely to cause this issue but you never know.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 11 months later...

Its buggier, I have two linked text blocks in a subheader, one is a phone number, linked to SMS, the other to a pdf resume Block 1: 555-555-5555, Block 2: RESUME.

The resume block will not link, I copied the phone number block and changed it to the pdf file link, and it worked great. As soon as I add text to the block i.e., RESUME, the link is dead.

I added RESUME to the Phone number block so it reads; RESUME 555-555-5555.

On hover, only the phone number shows link, not the text.

Any thoughts? 

Just figured this out and it's weird!

The font was Heading 4, all caps.

I recreated the text in paragraph 1, lowercase. the link worked, as soon as I added caps the caps did not link.

Try this, create the text/link box in any paragraph font, create the link then change the font to the heading.

• 5 weeks later...

After not understanding what was happening with this all day, I re-read the instructions. Well, against my intuition, you have to highlight the text being linked in the text box. Of course now it makes sense, but when trying to set this up, it was confusing. This is because I'm trying to link single words/phrases, not a a word within a paragraph, etc. UGH.