Intranet

• Replies 1
  • Views 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

SS sites are not really designed for intranets (as opposed to the internet). SS is based on the notion that you want your site public to the whole world.

Now is it possible to do a security through obscurity, possibly.

You could password protect your site and give that out to only "authorized" people. But it's really a hack and you'd be depending on SS, a big corp, or others to not accidentally/purposely divulge information. Since SS is not for intranets I'd be concerned.

Intranet servers are traditionally inside your network and set up in such a way that no one outside the internal network can get to it.

I'm not an internet/network guru but it may be possible, given today's technologies, to use a service like Amazon Web Services to host a virtual server within your own network, with some software that would get the job done. Obviously not SS of course. If anyone can comment on this I'd certainly be interested to lean.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.