NEW BUG FLUID ENGINE?? Mobile editing view adds rows when moving blocks around.

Hi there,

I am currently experiencing a new issue when developing a site. I have been working with the new Fluid Engine for a while and this is the first time i have experienced this and it is very frustrating!

The issue is, is that when i go to mobile edit mode, whenever I move or adjust the size of a block, rows are getting added without me asking. Just for a specific section - not all sections are affected by this.

I am aware there is a feature when you can drag a block to the bottom of the section so it can add new rows for you automatically, however this isn't about that - this issue happens whether i am at the top or bottom of my section. Everytime i move a block all rows are pushed down by 1. I am so confused.

My only solution to this could be that it is my code that i have uploaded to the code-injection for some animation in that section that is causing the issue - however i do not see anything in my code that would make this happen.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any help would be great!

Thanks a lot!

36 minutes ago, ReganA said:

The issue is, is that when i go to mobile edit mode, whenever I move or adjust the size of a block, rows are getting added without me asking.

There have been other posts about the same thing (I don't have links to hand). As Squarespace employees don't routinely monitor this forum (see the guidelines - item 6), I recommend that you report this unhelpful behaviour to Squarespace Customer Care and see what they have to say. If they provide you with a solution or workaround, please post it here for the benefit of other users. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...

Hi Molly, I haven't heard anything yet, I have been experiencing this issue across a few sites I'm building when using the fluid engine, doesn't seem to be fixed yet sadly, if I hear anything about a change i'll update it on here.

The only advice I could give would be to try and move all of the blocks to the top of the section and then build the section from the top-down as I found this stops the blocks from moving down but it still does add rows no matter what I do. Its very tedious and I still have this issue but I have found that this can work sometimes but this isn't a cure, I just thought i'd share what i found to be helpful.

I also found that sometimes if I create a new section completely, this issue goes away but doesn't go away if I duplicate the section that is already buggy. Thats all I can say to help I'm afraid, hopefully this gets sorted soon🤞 cause its driving me nutty too 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Molly and Regan,

Not sure if you are still having this issue but the same thing is happening on a site I am working on now. What worked for me was removing all custom CSS code from the design page (if you have any), saving, then editing the section. After making the edits I needed, I added back the custom code and saved again. I also have code injected under the settings page but I did not have to remove that in order for this to work. Until a patch can be pushed live, this has been the easiest workaround for me. No more dragging with the columns getting way too big or deleting the section and adding it back again.

Just be sure to copy and paste any custom code to another text editor before you remove it so you can paste it back after!

Hope this helps,

Nate

Edited by nsellars98