Creating a list that can easily be updated across multiple blog posts - Embedded or Dynamic content?

Hi there

I want to add some 'essential links' to my blog posts.  So, on my travel blog pieces, this would be a block containing links to sites where you can book flights, accommodation, get travel insurance etc.  

That's easy enough, but further to this, I'd like a way to be able to easily update the list in the future so that if, let's say, I want to add a link to another accommodation provider or, say, a car hire site, I can do this in one place and the content will dynamically update everywhere it's used.

I have several hundred blog posts and the  number is growing, so from a time-management perspective, there's a good argument for coming up with a solution that uses some form of dynamic or linked content for this rather than just manually pasting the links into each blog.  

I have no idea how to do this or if it's even possible!

My thought was that I could create my list of links as a separate .html file that I could upload as a file to Squarespace.  I then tried experimenting with a code block using the HTML <embed> and <object> tags, but I couldn't get this method to work (it just downloaded my .html file rather than displaying the content of the file in my blog).

Is there any way to achieve what I'm trying to do?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 1
  • Views 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually create Not Linked Pages, then use plugin to make it appear on bottom of site, then use JavaScript code to append it to position what I want.

If you only have one or very few lists, and insert in some specific places, we can make it easier. But you have many lists, that will be quite difficult, every time you need to do, you will need to post on the forum to get support.

You describe the list desired layout + position what you want to add + site url, we can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)