Using SquareUp with Squarespace-not just a POS

I know that we can connect squareup to squarespace as a POS but my client would like to also have the capability to use squareup with squarespace to manage their inventory.  Will it update inventory in realtime? They have three different stores and this component is critical.  Also, what are squarespace fees to do that?  Are their any fees outside of the SquareUP fees? How about for additional users (or cashiers)?

Thank you!

• Replies 1
  • Views 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, MeghanMossConsulting said:

I know that we can connect squareup to squarespace as a POS but my client would like to also have the capability to use squareup with squarespace to manage their inventory.

In the US, you can take in-person payments with the Squarespace App. As Squarespace don't have their own hardware they opted to use a Square reader and 'Square payments' to process the payments.

However, the "Squarespace POS" solution isn't integrated with Square's own Point of Sale system in any way. The only thing they have in common is that they use the same reader. 

If you want to sell the same products in-store and online, it will be easier to either use Square for both or Squarespace for both.

If you try to use both platforms - Square for POS and Squarespace for online sales - you'll need to maintain two completely separate inventories. There is a Squarespace Extension called Trunk Inventory to make this easier by synchronising stock levels in real-time, but it is not cheap. It starts at $35/month for up to 150 orders/month and that rises to $89/month for a fairly modest 20 orders a day.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.