Achor links using section id not working

My marketing consultant added links to the nav bar using block ids and section ids (see below).  They all worked beautifully.  I wanted to add another link (to the testimonial section) but I cant get it to work.  

Ive followed the same process - adding the section id formatted with a hashtag to the link field and then saving the link - but I just cant get it to work.  When I click on the link it just does nothing. 

Ive asked my marketing consultant and they are stumped too.

The only difference is that the 'Service' and 'How it Works' is a list sections and the testimonial section is a carousel  

Do you guys have any suggestions or solutions?

Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 9.22.30 am.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 9.22.01 am.png

Edited by FMF
new information
  • Replies 8
  • Views 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@creedonThank you!  

The 'Services' and 'How it works' are both list sections and the links work for them - the testimonials are a carousel section.  

Is there a difference in attributes between a list and carousel section that might explain the problem?

Edited by FMF
new info
14 minutes ago, FMF said:

Thank you! That what I figured but Im wondering why they worked when they were first added.  The link to the 'Services' section on the site is still working and that uses a section id  

It may be worth it to redo them all so you are familiar with how they are set up. If you want to try it, this may help.

https://sayreambrosio.notion.site/Anchor-Links-d00695f5e3754e5c8ddcac184175ce70

@sayreambrosio Thank you! 

Yeah Ive deleted and re-added the link a bunch of times and it still doesn't work.  At this stage Im avoiding adding anchor link using code block because it messes up the spacing on the mobile display. 

Ive just realised that the  'Services' and 'How it works' are both list sections and the links work for them - the testimonials are a carousel section.  

Is there a difference in attributes between a list and carousel section that might explain the problem? (and a possible fix 😃)

Is there a difference in attributes between a list and carousel section that might explain the problem?

It could be that regular sections and the SS generated sections are different. Let's learn together!

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 1/21/2023 at 10:51 AM, FMF said:

Thanks! 

The url for my site is https://yourlifedivine.com/  and its set to public. 

FYI - Ive added a 'testimonials' link to the nav bar that works but Ive used a work around to do it.  Any thoughts you have about how to link directly to the section would be appreciated. 

Thanks so much!   

Do you use Personal or Business Plan? If Business Plan, we can use code to attach an id to Testimonials, then you can do anchor link easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Any thoughts you have about how to link directly to the section would be appreciated.

It took me awhile to remember but I actually tackled a solution to this before! 🙂

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.