Commenting Unavailable on Mobile?

I just started a blog today and people are trying to comment on it. People who are using their computers are able to comment and like without issue, but on a phone, the option to comment isn't there at all. When they try to "like" a comment, they get an error message (screenshot below). I watched the help videos and think I have all my settings correct (screenshot of those attached as well). Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 3.09.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 3.03.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 3.03.27 PM.png

Edited by Michelle33
  • 2 weeks later...

From the blog help guide: 

One visitor "like" per post
A visitor can like each blog post only once. We limit visitor likes per blog post in three ways:

When a visitor likes a post, the action is stored in their browser's local storage.
We log the visitor's IP address to prevent multiple likes from the same visitor.
If a visitor is logged into your site, they can't like the post again from any browser or IP while logged in.

This could be part of the issue, that crumb message is a bit annoying. And I find that  it really is not right. I have liked a blog post more than once, but can't like comments at all. I tried toggling the feature off, but the like heart still stays up. Sure looks like a bug is causing this. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
On 1/19/2023 at 8:15 PM, Michelle33 said:

I just started a blog today and people are trying to comment on it. People who are using their computers are able to comment and like without issue, but on a phone, the option to comment isn't there at all. When they try to "like" a comment, they get an error message [Failed to Like Comment]

image.png.976b5430458c82120a277403c9774ad8.png

Unfortunately, the "Failed to Like Comment/invalid session crumb" error is a known issue. Squarespace engineers have been aware of this bug since May 2022 (8 months) but they haven't prioritised a fix yet. To escalate this issue, please contact Squarespace Customer Care using a support ticket. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

4 minutes ago, derricksrandomviews said:

It appears to be a 7.0 issue.

Sadly, it's an issue on 7.1 sites too 🙃

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

When I contacted Squarespace customer service about this last week, the solution they suggested is to "Allow Anonymous Comments," which seems to take care of the issue of logging the IP address that Derrick mentioned above. But, Paul is right on in that this bug is a known issue per Squarespace. It seems like it should be a priority... I know I am not alone in that most of my internet browsing is via mobile? At this point, the only way to allow mobile browser "likes" and commenting is to allow anonymous comments. Thank you to everyone who responded!