Cannot switch template? Even though my website is empty, just started and has no content in it. Why?

So all of the documentation says go to the design tab and choose a new template

but that doesn't exsist anymore

so I paid for a new site, and domain, didn't have time to choose a template so I clicked next.  I assumed I could pick one at a later date.

OH WOW WAS I WRONG

I can take My $230 and throw it in the trash because I cannot change the template, I could of course go in and do custom CSS which - you know yes, I can code, but I wanted to make something fast, I already connected it to a domain and paid for it, do I just have to keep spending money every time I pick a template?

Yes I paid for a business account for this domain, yes I bought a domain. So I cannot make any template changes, even though there is not one piece of content in this website.  I cannot even know how I delete it, just wait a year and try again, lose my project I made this for? Incredible.

ThisISREalLive.PNG

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7.1 is basically one template,  with 146 starting designs. They all have the same options, same site style functions and anything you can do with one you can do with another, redesign one to look like any other in other words. This does take time. This is very different from 7.0 where one template cannot be made to look like another even when those templates are in the same family. 7.0 Brine (which inspired 7.0) for instance, has 45 templates so you have the change template option, but it too is not all that easy. Not every aspect of one site will smoothy cary over to another especially if it has a lot of custom css.

Edited by derricksrandomviews

Oh no.. I was playing around with the templates and randomly selected one during trial to get to know SQUARESPACE, until today I decided to pay for the service. I paid for 1 year subscription, paid for another domain. When just now I wanted to setup a 1-pager "Coming soon" before the full launch of the site, I realise I cannot switch to another template!! What can I do now? Do I forever stuck with that template that I selected randomly? I believe I accidental deleted some Pages too....