A simple function to add - a necessary one

I will not be bulk adding any more products to my site due to the lack of a simple function in "Advanced Shipping".

For clothing, where there's different sizes and colors for each item in my store. There's usually 20-50 variants of one item where I need to manually enter the weights of each variant since I use Printful - and this is the "best" way to set up shipping, or at least it would be if the function I'm suggesting is implemented.

If Squarespace could add a simple button in the Advanced Shipping prompt that says "Edit all", and I could just input 0.5lbs once instead of 50 times for an item - I could literally save hundreds of dollars of my time. This is not only time consuming, but exhausting.

To put in perspective - if I add 30 new items (low if I'm introducing a new line of products), and there's 4 colors and 5 sizes for each item (pretty standard), I would need to navigate to Advanced Shipping 30 times, and enter "x lbs" 600 times.

My last item drop took me two work days just to integrate to the site. That doesn't include the time it took to make designs and put them on Printful. 

Advanced Shipping on Squarespace is the single biggest bottleneck in my company - and the bane of my existence.

I use Printful for my store, so using CSVs aren't going to make this any easier.

• Replies 1
  • Views 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, agarthaapparel said:

If Squarespace could add a simple button in the Advanced Shipping prompt that says "Edit all", and I could just input 0.5lbs once instead of 50 times for an item - I could literally save hundreds of dollars of my time. This is not only time consuming, but exhausting.

Squarespace employees don't routinely monitor this forum for feedback (see the guidelines - item 6). To make a feature request, please contact Squarespace Customer Care

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.