trying to undo code that has been written to change the colour of form block where person enters their personal details

Go to solution Solved by Midnyt,

Hello 

I am desperately trying to solve this issue.  Had website built by professional, unfortunately not provided any support afterwards when I needed to make changes,  I have changed the colour/themes of things, and lots of other things, however on the contact us page, and in the section with the contact form block, the sections for people to enter their info into remain black, despite this not being congruent with the chosen theme for this section.  I have asked square space and they told me it was due to the custom css code, however I know nothing about code and scared to delete anything in case in affects something else,  all i want is for the boxes where people enter theirhttp://www.midnyt.com.au/contact info to be white, in accordance with the chosen theme 

Any ideas?

2023-01-18.png

Find the following ruleset n Design > Custom CSS.

.form-wrapper .field-list .field .field-element {
  width: 100%;
  padding: 12px;
  margin: 6px 0 4px;
  border: 1px solid #c1c0bc;
  background: #0b0012;
  color: #c1c0bc;
  font-size: 14px;
  line-height: normal;
  box-sizing: border-box;
  border-radius: 2px
}

Change the first line to the following.

.page-section:not( .bright ) .form-wrapper .field-list .field .field-element {

Be very careful editing the CSS, one little character out of place and things can go wrong. You might want to save a copy before you start editing.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• Solution

I was very nervous but have managed to correctly change it!!! Thank you so much!  The whole code thing seems like its from another planet for me!  The only thing is that it changed everything to white which is what i wanted, except for the submit button which has remained the same dark colour.  Im able to live with that but any ideas let me know!

Thanks again im so grateful for your help!

Lisa

except for the submit button which has remained the same dark colour.  Im able to live with that but any ideas let me know!

This is a little more involved. There is some custom CSS that is making several changes to the button.

#siteWrapper.site-wrapper .sqs-button-element--primary {
  border-bottom: 1px solid #e6e4e8;
  color: #fff !important;
  padding: 1.2em 3.004em
}

If you wanted to go back to the default button you comment out or remove the CSS.

/*

#siteWrapper.site-wrapper .sqs-button-element--primary {
  border-bottom: 1px solid #e6e4e8;
  color: #fff !important;
  padding: 1.2em 3.004em
}

*/

The /* and */ denote the beginning and ending of a comment. Comments in CSS don't have an affect. The nice thing about going the comment the code out route is you can go back if you don't like what happened.

The second thing you'll need to look at is the Bright 2 color theme. I think you'll find that the button background color has been set to transparent. You'll need to change that.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.