Create a new product badge

Hello everybody, i am having some problems in creating a new badge ("New") for some of new products. I have followed the link i have found in this forum

https://sf.digital/squarespace-solutions/adding-a-custom-product-badge-to-squarespace

but somehow is not working. 

I have created the tag "new" in the Alice Pink product and then added in the codes for 7.0 version (i am using Brine family template, Clay ) in the Setting->Advanced-> Code Injection->Footer and changed the 6th and 7th line (from "pre-order" to "new") but nothing happens. 

Can someone help me? 🙂

Thanks a lot!! 

Anna

Edited by Annina
wrong category
On 1/18/2023 at 3:54 AM, Annina said:

i am having some problems in creating a new badge ("New") for some of new products.

Hi Annina, I wrote the custom badge guide that you linked. Can you provide me with a link to the page on your site so I can take a look? If the site isn’t live, please see How to Post a Forum Question for guidance on how to provide a link.  

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
3 hours ago, Nobleflowerco said:

Hi Paul, I'm also not getting any luck when I put the code into my footer.

The "footer" described in the guide is the Code Injection panel that is labelled "FOOTER". Is this where you are adding the code?

For more details about adding code to Squarespace, please see Using code injection.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul, 

It works now! I don't know what I did differently. Still some issues though. 

1) The "Coming Soon" now shows up on the commerce page but "Out of Stock" is still underneath it. 

2) I use a regular page to display all my products so that I can show different categories. The "Coming Soon" doesn't show up on this page, it still says "Out of Stock"

3) In the product page each one still says "Out of Stock" instead of "Coming soon". 

If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it! Thank you.

• 4 months later...