Embed a form as a custom checkout form

I currently have a custom checkout form on my website. When someone adds a certain product to the cart, the squarespace form pops up, customer enters data and then they can proceed to the checkout. I would like to replace the squarespace custom checkout form with an external one (e.g. Google Forms) as they are HIPAA compliant and squarespace forms aren't. I can't see a place to embed the code anywhere? Thanks for advice 

• Replies 2
  • Views 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/18/2023 at 3:04 AM, PeNut said:

I would like to replace the squarespace custom checkout form with an external one (e.g. Google Forms) as they are HIPAA compliant and squarespace forms aren't. I can't see a place to embed the code anywhere?

You cannot add a third party form to the Squarespace checkout page because this page is locked down and cannot be modified.

However, you can direct users to a third party form on the Order Confirmation page after they have checked out. To do this, add the third party code to Order Confirmation Code Injection Panel.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your advice. I did try this workaround, but unfortunately this won't work as it goes to the footer and most people won't enter information as they would have to scroll AFTER their purchase, plus I only need the form to be filled out for some of my products, not all. I need a conditional product - ie the customer MUST fill in the form to be able to purchase that specific product. I was thinking to have a 'pretend product' ie an image on the products page, and when you click on it or the button below, it would take you to the google form, then I could redirect back to the real product to add it to the cart. But in order for that to work, I have to have the real product hidden from view so people couldn't access it unless they had completed the steps. As far as I can see, if you hide a product, it won't show at all. Do you have any other suggestions for my issue or this proposed workaround? 

Appreciate your help!