Selling an editable document to download from my shop

Hello, I am wanting to offer a downloadable product to the peers in my industry which is a template for the contract I use with clients, to save others time from writing up their own. Because I want this to be editable, I hoped I would be able to set up a Word doc for them to download but I only seem to be able to upload PDFs to use as downloadable products. Does anyone have a workaround for achieving this?

Thank you!

54 minutes ago, MaryGiordano said:

Hello, I am wanting to offer a downloadable product to the peers in my industry which is a template for the contract I use with clients, to save others time from writing up their own. Because I want this to be editable, I hoped I would be able to set up a Word doc for them to download but I only seem to be able to upload PDFs to use as downloadable products. Does anyone have a workaround for achieving this?

Thank you!

Another option if you want it to be a word document or similar like Google Documents (which can natively edit Word documents now just in case you didn't know) is to create a template and share that link, create a PDF with said link in it that they will be delivered after purchase. Then once that is done they can just open it and click the link and the instructions.

In the past I have done this with Google documents and the PDF they receive has a small instruction section on how to duplicate/work with the template and the link to access it.

Thank you both, yes @creedon, I am setting up a digital product. I have just tried doing it with the Word doc and to my surprise it actually worked, so it turns out that it didn't need to be a PDF after all. Thanks @sayreambrosio for your suggestions. No, I didn't know that Google documents can natively edit Word documents and I must confess that I don't even really understand what that means. In any case, I have resolved the use and appreciate your time. Many thanks!

9 minutes ago, MaryGiordano said:

Thank you both, yes @creedon, I am setting up a digital product. I have just tried doing it with the Word doc and to my surprise it actually worked, so it turns out that it didn't need to be a PDF after all. Thanks @sayreambrosio for your suggestions. No, I didn't know that Google documents can natively edit Word documents and I must confess that I don't even really understand what that means. In any case, I have resolved the use and appreciate your time. Many thanks!

So glad you got it sorted. 🙂