Trouble getting Google Console to index my page

Hi,

My website is www.teatimeinparis.com

I've submitted the sitemap and requested indexing on Google Console. The page was crawled successfully but not indexed. There were several problems:

1) My domain name was used by someone else before, but the old website seems to not have been properly closed down? Google Console found 48 soft 404s related to the old site, and I've submitted those specific URLs for removal. Is there anything else I need to do about this? 

2) There's a "Page not found 404" error on the main site www.teatimeinparis.com. I suspect this is related to the old domain/site? My new site is fully functional and I can access it with this URL address.

3) "Blocked due to unauthorized request (401)" - I read that I need to remove authorization in order for Google to be able to access it? I don't know how. 

4) "Crawled but currently not indexed" - I suspect this one will be solved once the above errors are solved?

Thank you for any tips you may have!

Gill

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Team Time in Paris, 

Maybe I can help here a bit.

One thing to note is that you are definitely getting pages indexed:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:teatimeinparis.com&client=safari&rls=en&filter=0&biw=1357&bih=1069&dpr=1

So that's a good sign, without delving into your Google Search Console it is difficult for me to give you a good answer as to the whole situation above. 

However, what I suspect will be the case is as the site starts to mature (it looks like you started it again recently) and you earn more links and ensure the pages have unique content (resubmiting the URL and building internal links) will start to resolve the "crawled but currently not indexed" issue. 

Source: "I rank #1 for "Squarespace SEO Consultant" in the UK. 

Hi @TeaTimeinParis,

I'm actually just uploading a video which will take you through how to get your Squarespace website onto Google and the most common mistakes to avoid: 

It'll be live in the next few days, so feel free to check it out and subscribe for more Squarespace SEO content 😊

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png