Creating a multi-page add-to-cart flow, allowing users to select subscription frequency.

Hey folks! Planning a site right now.

I'm finding myself really drawn to this multipage product customization flow that appears on: https://mybillie.com/pages/get-started 

I'm hoping to brainstorm ways to bring this to the site I'm building. It's e-commerce for consumable products and I'd love to allow users to select subscription frequency (or a one-off purchase) in a similar way to the example website.

I think one of the issues that may arise logistically is AFAIK Squarespace doesn't allow subscription and non-subscription products in the same cart. I do not know if this information is current, but if so, this could pose an issue. In that case, would their be an alternative/plugin that could be used as a workaround to manage subscriptions.

Really appreciate input here! 

Thanks.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/15/2023 at 12:44 AM, delucca said:

I'm finding myself really drawn to this multipage product customization flow. I'd love to allow users to select subscription frequency (or a one-off purchase) in a similar way to the example website.

AFAIK Squarespace doesn't allow subscription and non-subscription products in the same cart. 

You can build something similar to this for standard one-off purchases but, as you correctly stated, you cannot combine standard and subscription products in this right now because Squarespace doesn't support it - yet! You cannot change this with code or plugins because this aspect is controlled in an area that developers cannot reach 🥲

Shopify is your go-to solution for something like that - as the mybillie site illustrates 🙂

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Buy me a coffee