Creating a multi-page add-to-cart flow, allowing users to select subscription frequency.

Hey folks! Planning a site right now.

I'm finding myself really drawn to this multipage product customization flow that appears on: https://mybillie.com/pages/get-started 

I'm hoping to brainstorm ways to bring this to the site I'm building. It's e-commerce for consumable products and I'd love to allow users to select subscription frequency (or a one-off purchase) in a similar way to the example website.

I think one of the issues that may arise logistically is AFAIK Squarespace doesn't allow subscription and non-subscription products in the same cart. I do not know if this information is current, but if so, this could pose an issue. In that case, would their be an alternative/plugin that could be used as a workaround to manage subscriptions.

Really appreciate input here! 

Thanks.

• Replies 1
  • Views 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/15/2023 at 12:44 AM, delucca said:

I'm finding myself really drawn to this multipage product customization flow. I'd love to allow users to select subscription frequency (or a one-off purchase) in a similar way to the example website.

AFAIK Squarespace doesn't allow subscription and non-subscription products in the same cart. 

You can build something similar to this for standard one-off purchases but, as you correctly stated, you cannot combine standard and subscription products in this right now because Squarespace doesn't support it - yet! You cannot change this with code or plugins because this aspect is controlled in an area that developers cannot reach 🥲

Shopify is your go-to solution for something like that - as the mybillie site illustrates 🙂

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.